Friday 29 March 2019

DFI Day 5

Day 5!

Animations using Explain Everything, Digital Digs using Chromebooks and then we moved on to using Screencastify and looking at embedding.

Explain everything was a really new tool for me and I had a bit of a giggle about the challenge of that.  Mine wasn't particularly successful but it made me laugh.




We explored our Cybersmart Curriculum using Screencastify to see what's there.  I love the way the curriculum is set out and all the wonderful resources that are there because teachers can then utilise these in later years.






Reflections:


Time to reflect and share with colleagues





  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? I learned more about how Manaiakalani have trialled different devices in the junior school before settling on iPads as the best tool for use. Using EE today was really awesome and it became really obvious how much pre-work is needed before using this effectively.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? Working with the Manaiakalani Cybersmart Curriculum more would enhance my ability to create flexible learning for the classes I work in by meeting the needs of that class.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners? As mentioned above, working more with the wonderful tools that can be found within the Manaiakalani Curriculum as there are so many great resources there that are going to support our kids in being Cybersmart and knowing how to negotiate this awesome world that helps them with their learning.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?Using the keyboard shortcuts is so great! Especially that there's a shortcut for the shortcuts tab!


It's been wonderful seeing the progress everyone is making. There is so much learning and laughter in our DFI room and it makes me so happy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amie, I'm glad you enjoyed exploring the tools this week. I'm a bit the same as you with Explain Everything - I suppose we can only get better though right?
    Can I ask you to 'remove formatting' on your reflections, as the text is running of the page and I can't read it! Thank you :)
    Hope you're having a great week.
    Stef

    ReplyDelete