Monday 4 March 2019

Core Business DFI

Friday of Week 5 saw us begin our first Tairāwhiti Digital Fluency Intensive.  As a new facilitator, I'm so lucky as I get to attend as well!  As someone who's already completed the Google Certified Educator Levels 1 and 2, I wasn't sure how much more I would learn, but I definitely still got some new learning out of the day too!  I love the way the day was split into Deep Dives, Chalk and Talks, Level Ups and Explore.  It means we've had exposure to loads of different content and now have the inspiration to undertake my Apple Teacher work for the end of these nine weeks of DFI.

Today we were using docs to create posters, which I had never thought to use.
I began creating this today.... but haven't yet finished it.


What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Today we learned all about the inception of Manaiakalani and how it began as Literacy Cycles.  It was so interesting finding out about that because so many people often think it because with loads of access to technology.  When in fact, it didn't.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

Some of the wonderful add ons that I haven't used before would be wonderful to improve the efficiency of what I do in my work, but also with the learners and teachers I work with too.  Docs to Forms sounds awesome, particularly in regards to setting up some quizzes in our learners' classrooms.

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
Using the URL for the kids labels in their blog posts could be particularly helpful to get them to post reflections about what they've been blogging about.  For example, when looking at how many maths posts, versus how many reading posts, and evaluate coverage for blog posts.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Docs to forms could make like so much faster!  So many of our teachers have had worksheets for their kids for years!  Docs to forms would allow them to make use of what they already have but in more user-friendly ways.




2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Amie, It was great to finally meet you last week. I'm so glad you're feeling inspired to do the Apple Teacher certificate. I really like your idea for using blog labels to help learners become more reflective. Keep us posted for how that goes.

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Amie, Great to read you learnt something...Quizzzes using docs to forms sounds a great idea.
    Apple Teacher - great idea.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete