Saturday 23 March 2019

DFI Day 4

This week at DFI was so exciting!  So many people had rich and valuable learning or questions etc and the conversation in the room was great.  Lots of important pieces of learning coming up and often things that are applicable to many people in the room, which is great.

Some of these things include:

  • Permissions/ sharing on Google Slides
  • Blog Gadgets moving
  • Removing backgrounds on pictures that aren't photos of people

Share:
The way we share has changed rapidly over the years and particularly with the innovation of Facebook and YouTube and Twitter, the capacity for us to share has amplified rapidly.


Later we looked at Google Forms, which I've used quite often, but have discovered some other interesting ways we could use them, such as wellbeing, tracking which of our kids have wifi at home etc.

After that we looked at Google Sheets:

  • Freezing rows and columns
  • Highlighting a whole lot of columns and resizing them all
  • Using the function symbol that looks like Sigma to input the functions for SUM etc
  • Conditional Formatting etc


Later we worked with Dave Winter on the different ways we could extend our use of sheets.

Time to reflect and share with colleagues

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Looking at the way we can link sheets together to import data is really exciting - especially as I learned about this earlier in the week with our blog admin accounts with our schools.

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
More ideas about how I could be using Google Sheets to help track our work with our teachers for the year.Looking at the way we could run Screencastify with our learners to get them to assess their blog post numbers across the year as a statistics.  

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Great ways to use spreadsheets! I am particularly enjoying the Command F tool to help me find things.




No comments:

Post a Comment