Sunday 19 April 2015

Leadership Styles

Looking at leadership theories for our Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Practice for Mind Lab. There are a large number of leadership theories out there and during this study we have looked foremostly at Transactional Leadership and Transformational Leadership. An interesting journey so far, I'm still developing my opinion of what type of leadership would be the 'most effective'. I can identify with the fact that some have believed that leadership is dependent on the situation (Situational Leadership) as I've seen a number of different working environments and have doubts about the way that leadership could work in each. However, I also know what most people are driven by similar things and therefore, once a leader is aware of this, transformational leadership could theoretically be easier to employ. I came across this video, sharing an overview of 10 of the main leadership styles and had a look at this before I go looking further for what I consider to be the best informational clips on Transformational Leadership, which is the area I'm most interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment