Friday 27 October 2017

The Wonder of Online Learning

So today I'm learning about FlipGrid online.  I've been wanting to learn about this amazing tool for months now and couldn't manage to find the time to read about how to use it, despite the fact that I'd signed up for it all.  Amazingly, up popped up this incredible webinar in my email.  I've been watching this in my free lunch/intervals and am so enjoying the concept - not just a webinar about how to use FlipGrid, but a step by step talking through why we should look at the DOK (Depth of Knowledge) being utilized in effective digital tech.

Holly Clark features here and she's one of my favourites.

Check it out for more info:
FlipGrid webinar here

Takeaways for me included:

Link to Jo Bowler's Mathematical Mindsets book - I have a great Jo Bowler book somewhere - where have I put it? I must get it out again.

Also using Chatterpix and iMovie with FlipGrid to share math concepts or professional learning

Holly Clark talked about how:

"Effective technology integrations happens when we make student thinking visible". 

She also talks about how important Students Voice and the Sharing of Student Work is.  I'm excited about where this could lead.
I'd like to create a FlipGrid for illustrating a process of the students to go through.  Looking forward to this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment