Saturday 4 May 2019

DFI Day 7

I actually missed this day as I was away in Sydney at Google Innovator.
The DFI class were looking at Google Sites for visible teaching and learning.  I'll be interested to hear what information they found was really helpful.


Class Site examples

I'm always looking for examples for teachers of useful learning tasks that are applicable in many settings.

In my role as a Manaiakalani Facilitator, Site building is integral to the successful implementation of a class where learning is visible, connected, empowering and ubiquitous.  Teachers are busy people and often feel that site building is going to add to their workload considerably.  This can be a real barrier to actually sitting down to get it done.  I totally understand this, having come from the classroom myself.  That said, I also understand how valuable it is to actually construct a functioning site that can support our learners.


Although I wasn't at the DFI physically this week, I'm still going to go through my same questions.


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
Exploring sites - looking at the many different ways teachers are using slides or drawings etc to make learning meaningful and purposeful and time efficient.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Finding some more sites to explore and utilise ideas from them that could support our teachers.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
As above, more site examples. I'm wondering what a resource bank could look like, that would enable teachers to see learning applied in different ways with similar tools.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Adding the same label to multiple posts without needing to go back into each post individually. This is so helpful when looking at the changes needed to my blog when updates need to be made.

I'm missing not being at DFI this week, but my learning at Google Innovator here in Sydney has been so powerful. I've

No comments:

Post a Comment