Monday 20 August 2018

Learn, Create, Share

So I have a confession.  I've always been pretty good at the learning part and the sharing part, but I really struggle with the bit in the middle.

Historically, "Creation" has always been the aspect of whatever I do that is a bit 'messy' and haphazard, out of everything.  In fact, I didn't really call it creation, but maybe lumped it all together in 'learning'.  But that has changed.  Recently, with the idea of Learn, Create, Share while part of the Manaiakalani Pilot Teacher programme, I've been looking at my goals in slightly different ways, and have found that 2018's goals can all be tied together quite well.

1.  Enhance my knowledge of the NZ Curriculum
2.  Create visible, rewindable, digitally accessed tools to support learning and our tracking and planning templates (OTJ sheets, Learning Pathways etc.)
3.  Utilise the access to facilitators to maximize my Manaiakalani journey

From all this, hatched a plan to tie all my learning together, so that I was using the Manaiakalani  "Learn, Create, Share" model, to explore my goals and present back my findings.  In order to do all this, I knew it was going to be vital to use some planning tools that could support me in actually getting into action with my inquiry, every day.  Currently, I'm in the process of creating a plan to help me create action daily around my goals.  This gives me a very clear direction for my inquiry but also enables me to check out the big picture before I get there and look into potential upcoming problems before they arise.

My goal is to create lesson content for our learners that is visible (available on our Hub Landing Page), rewindable and maximizes teacher's time by tailoring learning around the NZ Curriculum and our OTJ planning sheets.  It will also enable learners to have a greater degree of agency over their learning and the ability for them to more clearly see the progress they are making around their own goals.

Watch this space.





1 comment:

  1. Great goal and direction forward. Looking forward to seeing what your plan looks like. Exciting times :)

    ReplyDelete