Thursday 22 October 2015

Reflection on Reflection

Wow it seems such a long time since I've updated this blog - which doesn't bode well for my upcoming appraisal and attestation.  However, I think it will be obvious why when viewing my Team 17 blog and Agency to Learn blog - there has just been so much learning going on!

At the beginning of this year, my goals were wide and varied.  I had no real idea what the year was going to bring with:

  • Mind Lab Postgraduate study
  • e-Learning Co-Lead role (facilitating professional learning)
  • a busy class of Year 8 learners
  • commitments to Teach Xpo and Google Summit


My goals included:
Goal No. 1
Make learning visible to parents to encourage home school partnerships and increase impact and effective learning programmes.


Goal No. 2
Get students more involved in creation of learning in order to ensure greater depth of content knowledge and greater collaboration (who is working the hardest in our classrooms?)


Goal No. 3
Create positive classroom tone for all members to feel safe and secure.


Goal No. 4
Create a classroom where students are involved in facilitating their learning and have ownership over their learning.


Goal No. 5
Ensure adequate time is available and time management is well-planned in order to manage and balance:
Class learning
Team commitments
Any necessary professional development workshops for ICT/Chromebooks
MindLab commitments
Google Summit commitments
TeachXpo commitments

I remember when meeting with my lead teacher, Rae Black, at the beginning of the year, that Rae was concerned that there were too many goals on my list.  At the time though, I felt they were all viable and important and so persisted with them.

Reflections on these goals can be found on my Professional Goals document

One major reflection I have is that it's been challenging to be updating these regularly with all I've had on as my learning has raised new and interesting sidelines for me and I am not secure in my Inquiry Process. So that is one need to address next.


No comments:

Post a Comment